The ENGIE Group’s Ombudsman acts in accordance with several things:
Firstly his legal status:
- The conditions laid down in the Consumer Code that were required to approve him on 26 February 2016. He was approved by the Consumer Mediation Assessment and Control Commission. The Commission confirmed that he met the criteria of independence required by law.
Then, his principles and operating rules:
The basic principles, the operating rules and values applied by any ombudsman:
- a) he analyses the case in accordance with the law,
- b) seeks the causes of disputes and determines the responsibilities of the parties,
- c) proposes solutions he deems fair to bring the dispute to an end,
- d) submits them to the parties to try and arrive at the one they will agree to and thereby settle the matter,
- e) he does not take sides, either with the company or with the claimant.